Six Interesting Facts About Glass Water Pipes in Orlando
nIf you’re a smoking aficionado, then you are probably familiar with the various kinds of smoking accessories available. There are papers, dried tobacco leaves, vaporizers, tobacco pipes, handheld glass pipes and glass water pipes, as well as a variety of homemade pieces. For the purposes of this post, let’s focus on glass water pipes. This kind of pipe can be broken down into a few basic parts—the bowl, carb, downstem, base and tube, all of which come in various shapes, colors, styles and designs depending on how you intend to use it.
Whether you already have a smoking pipe or are considering buying one, it’s good to understand what they are and how they work. With this in mind, here are six interesting facts you probably didn’t know about glass water pipes in Orlando:
- Water pipes are not a new thing: Topping our list of fascinating facts is how long water pipes have actually been around. It may be hard to believe, but the first water pipes were crafted more than 2,400 years ago. The earliest known primitive pipes were made from various materials, such as bamboo and dried gourds. More intricately designed pipes, on the other hand, were crafted from natural stones and precious metals. Today, vintage and ancient water pipes in all conditions are sought after by collectors from all around the world.
- Glass water pipes are not regular glass: The type of glass used to make things like drinking glasses and wine glasses is not the same kind of glass used for smoking products. Glass used for water pipes goes through a slow cooling process called annealing, which significantly increases the durability and strength of the glass piece both on the inside and outside.
- Water pipes lower the smoke’s temperature: One of the most annoying things that can happen with traditional smoking is experiencing an intense heat hitting the back of your throat and burning your nasal passages. There’s a reduced chance of this happening when you use a glass water pipe. Water pipes actually lower the temperature of smoke, making it easier to inhale. This occurs because the smoke you breathe in loses heat as it passes through the water in the bottom of your pipe.
- The water acts as a filter: The water in the pipe also filters out a majority of harmful substances from the dry product you are smoking and keeps it out of your lungs.
- Water pipes offer flexibility: When you use a water pipe instead of smoking the traditional way, you can better customize your smoking experience. Insert the substance of your choice and light up! You can add edible flavored drops to the water to enhance your smoking experience even more.
- Glass water pipes are easy to setup and use: Of all the smoke delivery devices on the market today, glass water pipes are considered to be the most user-friendly. No need for papers or batteries, just connect the parts and get smoking!
For a huge selection of high quality glass water pipes in Orlando, the only shop you need to visit is 24/7 Smoke Shop. Feel free to call us with questions, or pay us a visit today.